All learners who would require Speech and Language therapy, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, remedial education, and those suffering from chronic medical conditions will be considered for admission.
Types of Programmes We Offer:
- Academic Programme from Grade R to Grade 12.
- Early Intervention Programme for learners who will benefit from intensive therapies.
- We also have an Autism unit for learners with ASD.
- We also offer a Prevocational programme for learners not coping with the Academic/ Main stream curriculum.
- We also have Braille Unit for visually impaired learners.
Criteria for Admission
- The prospective learner must benefit from the school programme i.e. he/ she must be educable.
- The mainstream school curriculum is followed, with input from all therapists and remedial teachers.
- Admission and Maximum ages:
- Admission to the Early Intervention Class is age 5 turning 6 by the 30th June in the year of admission.
- Admission to Grade R is age four turning five by 30th June in the year of admission.
- Admission to Grade 1 is age five turning six by 30th June in the year of admission.
- The learner may remain at school until the last day of the year in which such learner reaches the age of seventeen years. However, if the learner is earmarked for sheltered employment, such learner will remain at the school up until the month in which the learner reaches the age of eighteen years.
- All learners will be admitted on pre- admission during which they will be assessed by the therapists and the class teacher. Thereafter a case discussion will be called by the Admissions Committee to decide whether the learner is a suitable candidate for our School.
- In the event of a learner not coping with the placement, he/ she will be referred to ESDSS.
- Language of learning and teaching is English. IsiZulu First Additional Language is instructed from Grade R to Grade 7.
- Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy and Speech therapy will be offered to those Learners that the team has prioritized.
- The dispensing of medication and all nursing procedures will be done by the Nursing Sister or someone trained by a Professional Nurse.
Documentation Required for Admission
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Card
- Parents Identity Documents
- School Reports
- Medical Reports
- Medical Aid Cards
- Psychological reports recommending child to the school
- Transfer Cards
- Cumulative Record